Meow, meow, meow…
Don’t you just love cats? Me, too!
They’re soft, cuddly, and purrs like you’re the only one who can touch and love them…
Thus, here are some cat facts you don’t want to miss:
- There are more cats than dogs in the United States.
- 70% of their lives are spent sleeping.
- They can jump up to six times their length.
- That explains why some can survive falls from up to 32 stories high.
- A cat was Talkeetna, Alaska mayor for 15 years.
- A cat ran for Mexico City mayor back in 2013.
- The largest cat ever recorded is measured at 48.5 inches.
- The oldest cat breed ever recorded is called Egyptian Mau.
- Cats have been around since 3600 B.C, way before Egyptian Kings were born.
- They are depicted as some kind of gods in Ancient Egypt, too.
- When they die, however, they are mourned by their owners by shaving off eyebrows.
- The richest cat ever recorded is worth $13 million.
- Contrary to popular belief, cats are not supposed to drink milk or eat raw fish.
- Mentally speaking…cats are more similar to humans than dogs, with 90% of their brain matching ours. They also have similar brain sections to humans, specifically the ones controlling emotions.
- Socially speaking, though…cats are more introverted than dogs.
- In the United States, black cats are considered bad luck. In the United Kingdom and Australia, however, they’re not.
And oh, did you know that a cat has been caught smuggling saws and drills into a Brazilian prison back in 2013? You don’t?
Police authorities were really surprised about the new technique to escape prison. They noticed that the cat has been going back and forth to prison cells. So when they finally got the chance to take a closer look on it, they found out that saws and drills were being attached to its stomach.
Lesson of the day: Never, ever let cats go near saws. But still, you should check out these saw reviews!
Liked this post? Follow this blog to get more.